NEW NSCS 3.0 and Updated AAPI 2.1
Six New Nurturing Skills Competency Scales (NSCS 3.0) have been added to Assessing Parenting web site in both the Long Version and the Short Version*
- Parents & their Children Birth to Five**
- Teen (Young) Parents & their Children Birth to Five
- Families in Nurturing Skills Programs.
- Prenatal Families
- Parents & Adolescents
- Parents & School-Age Children
*The six new NSCS 3.0 assessments are available in English only at this time.
** The existing NSCS 2.0 Parents & their Children Birth to Five also remains available on the site during transitioning period.
AAPI 2.1 version consists of updated demographic questions. No changes have been made to the AAPI inventory items. AAPI 2.0 with existing demographic questions will remain on the site during transitioning period. read more
The Nurturing Skills Competency Scales 3.0 are designed to assess six areas of family life recognized in research to have a role in abusive and neglecting relationships between couples and between parents and their children. These six areas are:
- About My Children & Family
- My Knowledge of Nurturing Parenting
- My Utilization of Nurturing Parenting Skills
- About Me
- About my Childhood
- About my Spouse/Partner
Click below for more information on the Nurturing Skills Competency Scales 3.0.